What is Commercial Auto Insurance?
Commercial auto insurance helps cover the costs of an automobile accident when an employee is using a company-owned car, truck, or van for business.
It can also cover employees’ family members who operate business vehicles.
A policy can help pay for property damage and medical expenses.
Commercial auto insurance coverage can include:
- bodily injury liability coverage
- property damage liability coverage
- collision coverage
- comprehensive coverage
- medical payments coverage
- uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage
- rental care coverage
- personal injury protection
Coverage availability and requirements vary by state.
Commercial auto policies have many options for what vehicles are covered so we would be happy to explain those options and help you decide what coverage will make you comfortable.
Benefits of Commercial Auto Insurance
A commercial auto insurance policy is ideal for any business that owns, leases, or rents vehicles; has employees who drive their own vehicles for work; or has employees who operate company vehicles.
Coverage can help pay for:
- damage to someone else’s property
- medical expenses of the other driver as well as for your employees and their passengers
- fix or replace a company car
- replace a company car due to theft or fire
- lost wages after an accident
Commercial auto insurance protects your business and employees in relation to the operation, ownership, or maintenance of many types of vehicles.
Personal auto policies are not meant for businesses and do not offer the coverage found in a commercial auto insurance policy.